Have you ever wished you were a fly? OK to have some context, I generally wouldn’t want to be fly, especially near fly spray… but sometimes it could be handy, particularly in a room when you want to overhear a conversation. Wish no more!
The elevator at publishing company Conde Nast, i.e. the Vogue offices (made famous by The Devil Wears Prada) has its own Twitter feed. Say what? I don’t know either… possibly entirely made up, but nevertheless quite funny.
Check out example tweets:
- [Girl holding brownie abashedly in elevator] Male coworker: I’m not judging you.
- [Guy walks into elevator wearing “Legalize Gay” t-shirt] Teen Voguer: That shirt is so two months ago.
- Woman #1 to Woman #2, holding an omelet: “What’s the occasion?” Woman #2: “…huh?” Woman #1: “I would need an occasion to eat that.”
- Girl #1: It’s been really quiet in here lately. Girl #2: [In a hushed response] No one wants to be quoted…
Did you catch The September Issue on the ABC? I’ve seen it before, but it’s something I can easily watch again. I find it a fascinating insight. Speaking of which, the Devil Wears Prada has some memorable quotes:
- Miranda Priestly: Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, female paratrooper? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth’s second cover try. I wonder if she’s lost any of that weight yet.
- Emily: You don’t deserve them, I mean you eat carbs, for Chrissake!
- Andy Sachs: Oh, thanks. You look so thin. Emily: Really? It’s for Paris, I’m on this new diet. Well, I don’t eat anything and when I feel like I’m about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.
- Emily: [to Andy] You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo’s, I saw it.
- Miranda Priestly: Bore someone else with your questions.
- Miranda Priestly: Find me that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning.
Have you had a boss from hell?